Friday, April 18, 2008

The Year of the Rooster

When Katie and i first got married, we thought we knew how to do everything. At least i did. So when it came time to decorate our kitchen, their was no question, we would use Roosters. We had curtains with Rooster's on them, small ceramic Roosters that people gave us as wedding gifts and rooster art hanging on the wall.  Our friends and family, however, failed to remind us that Rooster's were not cool kitchen decor. Thanks.
But, to my surprise, while filling out my Blog profile i found out that i was actually born in the 'Year of the Rooster'. Which makes some sense of my attraction to the rooster. Amazingly the profile nailed me, ok not really, but here is a few things it said:
  • People born in the Year of the Rooster are deep thinkers, capable and talented.  
  • They like to be busy and are devoted beyond their capabilities and are disappointed if they fail. 
  • They always think they are right and usually they are! 
  • They can be selfish and too outspoken, but are always interesting and can be extremely brave.
  • They are most capable with Ox, Snake and Dragon.
Well, Katie started laughing when i told her it said deep thinker, capable and talented.  Unsure of her motivation, i'm guessing that's where you laughed as well.  Either way, i'm wanting you to know that my blogging skills, just like my kitchen decorating skills, just like the year i was born may not make much since unless your an Ox, Snake or Dragon.  I'm not the best writer, but i will be faithful to letting you know what's going on in my head. Much love. 

6 comments:

Gore Family said...

Living life to the fullest...

JandK Walters said...

how fun! I cant wait to read your blogs- u r so hilarious and such a deep thinker, talented and capable!

Meesh Hays said...

Why, Josh Walters, you little blogger. Welcome to the web.

I married a rooster, too, but the Chinese restaurant placemats sometimes call them "cocks" - consider that I was born in the year of the pig, also called "boars."

My beloved Tar Heel husband and I love the irony that he's a cock and I'm a bore.

If we lived anywhere besides SC, that last sentence would be inappropriate.

jasonbradley said...

dude - glad to see you in the world of bloggerdom. it will be fun to catch up with you this way. hope you're doing great.

kellybollman said...

I was thinking that the rooster year fit me to a tee. 1981 woohoo jk
fun to see u blog

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog so much. You are a sweet, funny guy and you and Katie are the absolute cutest! I laughed out loud when I read your rooster blog. And I was compelled to tell you that I'm an Ox. Guess that's why I get ya.